Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Trainer: Mark Graham
- Hours of instruction: 24
- Course duration: Three full days (timing can be flexible)
- Course cost: R14,950 incl. VAT per delegate. Best price guaranteed
"Mark brought the class alive! He made it fun, but also clear. He made complex principles understandable, and empowered me to tackle difficult concepts."
"Mark's lessons helped me hugely in leading my company though this period. The pandemic hurt a large portion of our business, and so I just kept things simple. This year looks like a good year so far!"
Finance for Non-Financial Managers offers all you need to become fully financially literate. Aimed at anyone who wants to understand the essential concepts and language of finance and accounting, this course will empower you to make effective use of the reports and results prepared by the finance people in your organisation. No prior knowledge of finance or accounting is required.
This course will be especially useful to anyone who:
- Needs to understand financial statements
- Has taken on a role that involves financial decision-making
- Manages, or just needs to converse effectively with, finance and accounting professionals
- Works in the financial sector and requires a firm grasp of finance or accounting
- Live, online sessions with Prof Mark Graham, who strongly encourages interaction and participation
- Real-world case studies based on the financial statements of well-known local companies
- Pre-reading for those who wish to prepare
- Constant emphasis on how to apply the course material in your own working life
- Daily fun quizzes to embed learning and evaluate progress
- Module 1 - Accounting basics: double-entry system, debits and credits, financial statements
- Module 2 - Reading & analysing financial statements: evaluating financial position and performance, with a focus on 'red flags' that indicate areas of concern
- Module 3 - Managerial finance: business valuations, financing a business (debt versus equity), how to make investment decisions, working capital management, cash flows
- Module 4 - Managerial accounting: cost behaviour (fixed, variable, etc.), cost-volume-profit decisions
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
- Hours of instruction: 24
- Timing information: Three full days (timing can be flexible)
- Note: Click "Contact me" to find out more; or "Book now" to arrange an exclusive course for your team.
- Course fee: R134,315 for up to 10 delegates + R6,414 per additional delegate. Prices include VAT. Best price guaranteed
Mark brought the class alive! He made it fun, but also clear. He made complex principles understandable, and empowered me to tackle difficult concepts. His style and effectiveness as a teacher radically shaped how I wanted to contribute in the classroom.
- Richard Mellon
Mark Graham is by far the best lecturer at the GSB in my experience. Very knowledgeable, and so comfortable in front of the camera, it felt like he has been doing it for years. I thoroughly enjoyed all his classes because he made the work simple, fun and interesting. I really learnt the most from him. Mark coached us along the way on how to approach analysing any company, what to ask and expect, and how to interact with them.
- Hex Novea
Mark's "Big Picture" diagram makes complete sense of the annual financial statements. He never gets lost in the weeds of detail. In the class, he is meticulously prepared, uncompromising in his desire to help students learn. And he takes his work seriously, but never himself.
- Paul Maughan
Mark's lessons helped me hugely in leading my company though this period. The pandemic hurt a large portion of our business, and so I just kept things simple. We reined in our spending and made sure we were converting profits into cash. We got through last year, and this year looks like a good year so far. Mark, thank you for being part of my MBA journey - you really made the whole experience!
- Anonymous MBA student
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.