Step Up to Management
- Trainer: Rob Broster
- Hours of instruction: 12.5
- Course duration: Weekly 2.5-hour online sessions over 5 consecutive weeks
- Course cost: R5,900 incl. VAT per delegate. Best price guaranteed
"The course provided me with the tools I needed to better myself and further my career. Rob was an awesome facilitator, and I really enjoyed the calm energy and knowledge he brought to the group."
"I would recommend Rob to any organisation wanting to raise the communication and EQ level of their client-facing team members."
Management responsibilities are often the most challenging part of a job, because the transition from being an individual contributor to being a leader requires a whole new, unique skill set. Just as you had to develop the technical know-how to excel and put yourself in line to manage others, so leading others requires you to learn and develop very different competencies. Having the commitment and motivation to do an excellent job is one thing, but enabling and instilling the same attributes in others requires you to develop yourself in new areas.
Step Up to Management will provide you with the key models and tools to help you step up successfully in your management skills, whether you have been managing for some time or as you move from team player to team leader. The course will build skills from the inside out, starting with self-awareness about how you impact your team members, and working towards meeting the daily challenge of enabling a highly productive team.
The modules will be interactive, with a combination of insightful theory, thinking partnerships and individual coaching on the actual management challenges you’re facing. You'll be learning together with several other managers, benefitting from each other’s experiences and ideas. The class size is small to ensure active participation, and to maximise the opportunities to learn from others.
The programme consists of five online modules of 2.5 hours each:
- Starting with Self. Explore the concepts of management and leadership, and how each concept relates to your role; understand how leadership style impacts others, raising self-awareness and improving self-management to vastly improve team performance
- Organise and Plan. Prioritise tasks for yourself and team members, bringing focus to what is truly important; plan and organise effectively
- Enable others. Create the right environment for productive work by clarifying roles, delegating effectively, enabling and learning how to hold team members accountable
- Maintain motivation. Explore the neuroscience of leadership; learn to create psychological safety; discover how to build engagement in teams
- Develop team members. Acquire skills through different modes of developing people; learn to coach as a manager; review programme learnings and commit to development goals
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
Rob’s tailored workshops helped build awareness of the key role effective communication plays, and helped identify the mindset changes and habits each team member should focus on. His training style was great, and the team found him warm and approachable and an effective trainer. I would recommend Rob to any organisation wanting to raise the communication and EQ level of their client-facing team members.
Mark Hawkins, Operations Director - Bluegrass Digital
Rob connected with our team, participated in the planning and preparation of the event, and set a clear path for the best approach. In the event itself, he is adept at knowing when to push and when to pull, and this ensured participants remained engaged and involved throughout. We were pleased with the outcomes and believe Rob played a critical role in getting us there. I would highly recommend Rob for this type of work.
Darragh McGillicuddy, Managing Director - McGillicuddy Hospitality
The course provided me with the tools I needed to better myself and further my career. I am very grateful to have been part of the programme. Rob was an awesome facilitator, and I really enjoyed the calm energy and knowledge he brought to the group. In general, I would say I am far more self-aware not only of how I show up, but also when I find myself reacting. I was also glad that there were practical exercises that we could take away and implement, rather than it all being theoretical.
Anonymous delegate - Digital Marketing Agency
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.