RE5 Exam Prep Training for Representatives
- Trainer: Growth in Motion
- Hours of instruction: 16
- Course cost: R2,300 incl. VAT. Best price guaranteed
“The trainer went over and above his required duties, and well beyond his operating hours, to ensure I had the best chance of succeeding. Thank you, Growth in Motion!"
"I had attempted the RE5 exam before, but this time I attended the workshop and tried again. Oh my word - what a breeze!"
If you are a Representative appointed by a Financial Services Provider, you'll need to meet the FAIS competence requirements to be "fit and proper" for this important role. For most Representatives, this includes passing Regulatory Exam 5 within two years of appointment. Failure to meet this requirement would prohibit you from working with most financial products.
Although the exam is a challenging and broad-ranging test of your understanding of financial legislation, Growth in Motion’s course fully prepares you to pass first time around. The course material follows the RE5 requirements completely; and focuses on making the legislation understandable. To help candidates use their time most effectively, Growth in Motion's facilitators also highlight priorities, critical areas and key concepts that are popular with the examiners. Interaction is strongly encouraged, so you can expect a rich discussion, and trust that all of your questions will be answered.
The programme is focused on exam performance, and includes:
- A user-friendly study guide
- The three key pieces of legislation that you need to know
- 16 hours of instruction, corresponding to the 8 tasks set by the FAIS authority, with three learning options, described below
- Mini assessments at the end of each task
- Many sets of multiple-choice practice questions, like those in the exam, allowing you to sharpen your technique and assess your readiness
- Six practice exams
- Prompt individual responses by facilitators to email queries sent after the course
- Assistance with exam bookings
There are three learning options, each offering 16 hours of instruction:
- Option 1 - In-person classroom format: two consecutive full-day workshops at Growth in Motion's Sandton premises.
- Option 2 - Remote teaching classes: live learning, just like Option 1, except classes are delivered via MS Teams. Join from anywhere. A learner guide is supplied prior to the class.
- Option 3 - Guided online version: for those who prefer self-study over a longer period (e.g. four days), supported by live online tutorials for dealing with questions and discussion; and also voice notes about key issues. This version is available to corporate clients who wish to book exclusive courses. This option qualifies for special rates.
After the course, you should revise and study for one to three weeks before writing the exam.
All programmes require a minimum number of delegates to be confirmed.
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
Excellent! Mike Strohman is really awesome!!! I had attempted the RE5 exam before, but this time I attended the workshop and tried again. Oh my word - what a breeze!!! I left that exam room feeling so confident! The process of elimination trick is GENIUS!!! Thank you so much!
- Phumla Xaba-Ngcobo
George Marneweck takes legislation and other verbose material, and turns it into practical, easy-to-recall information. And at the same time he relates it to real-life scenarios. I recommend him and Growth in Motion for anyone's RE5 exam needs!
- Jono Riest
Best training I have had so far! I really enjoyed Mike's two-day training: he is very well informed and an excellent facilitator. He is really awesome! 10/10 to Growth in Motion for their service.
- David Molotsi
I am a financial advisor who recently completed the RE5 exam; and I believe this was only possible through the efforts of George Marneweck. He went over and above his required duties, and well beyond his operating hours, to ensure I had the best chance of succeeding. Thank you, Growth in Motion!
- Anthony de Gouveia
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.