Train the Trainer
- Trainer: LearnAbility - Glenda Methven
- Hours of instruction: 40
- Course duration: Monday to Friday, 8h30-16h30 daily
- Course venue (city): Cape Town
- Course venue (address): Stoep Startup - at 3 Tiverton Road, Plumstead
- Course cost: R6,716.00 (incl. VAT). Best price guaranteed
“It has been an absolutely massive learning experience. As a trainer, I now have the tools to do my job to the very best of my ability.”
"I learnt so much and was given the opportunity to interact, bring my authentic self into the room, and meet great people."
Train the Trainer is for anyone who facilitates learning programmes, or plans to do so. Training is a skill in itself, and in this course you’ll become a recognised trainer, ready to convey what you know in an absorbing, creative and effective way. To ensure plenty of individual attention, delegate numbers are kept low.
Benefits to you and your firm
The programme can boost the careers of HR managers, line managers, supervisors, coaches and anyone else who educates, trains or facilitates.
Once you've taken the course, you'll be a qualified trainer, so your firm can save substantial time, money and effort by relying on your internal training skills. And because Train the Trainer is an accredited skills development programme, your firm may recoup part of the training cost from the Skills Development Levy it pays to its SETA.
Section 1: Planning and preparing for facilitation
- Contracting with your learners
- Ice-breakers and energisers
- Introduction to skills development
- The principles of training
- Analysing learner needs (learning styles)
- Planning your training
- Using audio-visual aids
- Practical flipchart/whiteboard skills
- Drawing up lesson plans
Section 2: Facilitating learning
- Using creative facilitation methods
- Unpacking the skills it takes to be a trainer
- Dealing effectively with challenging learners
Section 3: Evaluating training
- The who, when, where, what, why and how of evaluation
- Reactionnaires and questionnaires
On the final day, you'll prepare and facilitate a session which will be recorded for feedback.
After the last day of training, you'll have 2-3 months to complete your portfolio. Assessment of your portfolio (up to a maximum of three attempts), moderation and certification are included in the course fee.
Accreditation details and prerequisites
The course is at NQF Level 5, and consists of 10 credits. It is accredited with ETDP SETA against Unit Standard 117871.
To join the course, you'll need a matric or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
Details of public iterations appear below.
Iterations can also be offered in-house to 6-10 people at an individual company. To find out more about the in-house option, please use the 'Ask a question' feature at the top of the page.
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
- Start date: 08 Apr 2024
- End date: 12 Apr 2024
- Hours of instruction: 40
- Timing information: Monday to Friday, 8h30-16h30 daily
- City: Cape Town
- Address: Stoep Startup - at 3 Tiverton Road, Plumstead
- Note: A light lunch and snacks will be provided each day
- Course fee: R6,716.00 (incl. VAT). Best price guaranteed
The course absolutely exceeded my expectations. I have a better understanding of why it is rated so highly by my colleagues. There were so many nuggets and eye openers that will stay with me forever.
Glenda's training experience came through the entire course. She has a really great way of imparting information - she has patience, paces the discussion really well, and builds bridges among topics.
I was imagining boring and not very interactive training, but this course was the complete opposite. I learnt so much and was given the opportunity to interact, bring my authentic self into the room, and meet great people.
It has been an absolute massive learning experience with Glenda. As a trainer, I now have the tools to do my job to the very best of my ability. Excellent course that exceeded my expectations!!
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.