- Trainer: Language Boss
- Hours of instruction: 14-15
- Course venue (city): Cape Town and surrounds or virtually
- Course cost: R4,450 in-person; R4,150 virtually (VAT not applicable) per delegate. Best price guaranteed
"It's one thing to hear about good writing and another to be able to do it. The exercises were a great way to implement learning and identify areas to work on. Michael is very engaging, knowledgeable and practical."
"The course was brilliant! The sessions were engaging and really great - thank you!! This course is going to bring a huge improvement in my writing!"
People are writing more now than at any other time in history, and there is an ever-growing need for strong written communication. Writing Works addresses this need: it will make you a more effective, professional and readable writer.
The focus of the course is on email writing, but the skills learnt will improve written communication for all types of business writing.
Key learning features
The course combines several powerful features:
- Learning takes place gradually and progressively.
- Participants’ own writing is used to reinforce new concepts and skills.
- The online Training Workbench facilitates highly interactive and practical training.
This is a blended learning course, combining online learning in your own time with instructor-led sessions. The instructor-led sessions are offered using one of two delivery methods:
- virtually: typically four 3.5-hour live sessions, delivered via Google Meet.
- in-person: three 5-hour face-to-face sessions.
Between sessions, whether virtual or in-person, participants do tasks and exercises using the online Training Workbench.
On completing the course, participants will know:
- why reader-centred writing is important
- how to make their writing reader-centred
- how to apply the principles of readability, and write in a highly readable style
- how to apply plain language principles
- why tone is important, and how to achieve various tones
- how to punctuate correctly and avoid common grammar mistakes
- how to increase the chances of emails being opened, read, and acted upon
- how to edit and proofread
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
- Hours of instruction: 14 - 15
- Note: Click "Contact me" to find out more; or "Book now" to arrange an exclusive course, including favourable group rates, for your team. Conversation Clever can be offered exclusively to at least 6 people at one firm (either online or in-person).
- Course fee: Best price guaranteed
The course was brilliant! The sessions were engaging and really great - thank you!! This course is going to bring a huge improvement in my writing! I am so much more aware and excited to make my writing more readable.
Sally Prins - Coronation Fund Managers
The attention to detail in the course is excellent. The manual is a superb resource and well laid out. The Training Workbench is a master stroke. I really found it very well packaged.
Mike Moore - WellsFaber
It's one thing to hear about good writing and another to be able to do it. The exercises were a great way to implement learning and identify areas to work on. Michael is very engaging, knowledgeable and practical.
Natalie Rykiel - UNICEF's Office of Global Insight and Policy
This course was so much more than a writing course – it was a brilliant communication course. Michael was very engaging and happy to share his vast knowledge. I highly recommend the course.
Karen Sivewright - Investec
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.