Design for Impact
“This course helped me understand design principles and was very practical. I have changed the way I think about creating my visuals."
"The level was perfect for people who use PowerPoint but want to improve their quality and revamp the old style."
The way we consume information has changed dramatically: it is now essential to design visuals that reinforce your presentation message to engage your audience in a clear, appealing and memorable way. This presentation skills training will help you to do so, while also accelerating your design process.
Design for Impact contains five modules, covering the importance of visuals, the elements and principles of design, the overall visual structure of a presentation, and how to ensure a great structure.
To fit conveniently into your busy working life, the course is compact: there are 2-3 hours of self-study material, followed by an assignment that you submit to receive a detailed review.
To ensure that you learn and engage as much as possible, BPG has packed many components into this brief course. There are:
- Explainer videos
- Quizzes to check your knowledge
- A summary sheet to download
- Free resources, including a how-to guide with some advanced features of PowerPoint, and a set of highly effective slide template and icons
- An assignment on which you will receive a personal review and detailed written feedback
On completing Design for Impact, you will know:
- how visuals can influence your audience
- the difference between good and bad visuals
- how to use colour and shapes effectively
- which typefaces and fonts are best suited for presentations
- how balance, rhythm, emphasis, contrast, alignment and white space can help create high-impact visuals
- the importance of a cover slide, and various ways to present it
- why it's better to create your own slides than use design templates
- a range of ways to present information
- the steps to take for creating well-designed slides
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
"The calm and friendly voiceover was perfectly paced and easy to follow. The generous tips, download and support documents took the stress out of remembering everything. The level was perfect for people who use PowerPoint but want to improve their quality and revamp the old style."
"I liked the breakdown of course content - it was self-explanatory, and easy to see what the course would cover. I appreciate the resource guide for showing people how to create a slide master and other useful tips."
"The assessment gave me an opportunity to apply the design principles to a presentation. I appreciated the detailed feedback from the BPG facilitator, which helped me pinpoint further development areas."
"This course helped me understand design principles and was very practical. I have changed the way I think about creating my visuals."
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.