Class of Business training
- Trainer: Moonstone Business School of Excellence
- Hours of instruction: 8-12
- Course cost: R665 (incl. VAT) per module. Best price guaranteed
"A brilliant entry level course to the world of investing, full of interesting and important content that often gets overlooked."
“The essential foundation for all Representatives and Financial Advisors... Moonstone is the best."
Class of Business training is one of the key FAIS requirements to be fit and proper, ensuring that financial services professionals have a thorough knowledge of the financial products with which they work. There are nine modules, each representing a different category of financial products. You are required to take only the module(s) relating to the financial products for which you seek authorisation, approval or appointment.
Who needs Class of Business training?
- All financial service providers (FSPs), Key Individuals and Representatives appointed after 1 April 2018.
- FSPs, Key Individuals and Representatives who seek authorisation, approval or appointment for new financial product categories after 1 April 2018.
- Representatives working under supervision as at 1 April 2018.
FSPs, Key Individuals and Representatives authorised prior to 1 April 2018 are exempt on account of their past experience, unless they add new products to their license. If in doubt about whether you need to do COB training, or which module(s) to take, please contact a compliance officer at your firm.
What is involved?
You can register at any time. Once your registration is complete, you will be given access to Moonstone's learning management system, where you will be able to access the study guide material or download it as a series of PDFs. The content consists of comprehensive notes, including helpful charts and illustrations, all prepared by industry experts. The detailed examples ensure that you build practical knowledge and skills. The system will offer you regular quizzes to assist you in testing your knowledge, so that by the end of the module you will feel confident to pass the final assessment, which you will also do online on Moonstone's system. At that point, you will receive a digital certificate of completion to prove that you have achieved the class of business fit and proper requirement.
If you work for 45 minutes to an hour each day, you can expect one module to take you two or three weeks. Of course, this will vary based on experience and familiarity with the material. You will have access to the learning management system for six months from the date of registration.
What are the nine modules?
- Short-Term Insurance: Personal Lines. Click here for more details.
- Short-Term Insurance: Commercial Lines. Click here for more details.
- Long-Term Insurance. Click here for more details.
- Pension Fund Benefits. Click here for more details.
- Short- and Long-Term Deposits. Click here for more details.
- Structured Deposits. Click here for more details.
- Investments. Click here for more details.
- Forex Investments. Click here for more details.
- Health Services Benefits. Click here for more details.
To book any COB module, click on the relevant link above, which will also give you access to more information about the module; or you can book immediately simply by clicking on the relevant module below.
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
- Hours of instruction: 8-12 per course per individual
- Note: Click "Contact me" to find out more, or "Book now" to arrange a group booking for any class of business, including favourable group rates. We'll get right back to you.
- Course fee: R665 (incl. VAT) per course per individual. Discounts available for large groups. Best price guaranteed
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.