- Trainer: The King's Speech
- Hours of instruction: 1.5
- Course cost: R5,700 (VAT not applicable). Best price guaranteed
"I would strongly recommend the training to anyone in senior roles where interaction with media will be part of their daily lives. Excellent program!”
"Ashlea brings a wealth of relevant experience and credibility."
This compact and comprehensive media training course walks you through all elements you need to understand and put into practice before engaging with the media. Your coach, Ashlea Evans, has trained over 500 professionals in her career, developing a foolproof confidence skillset that her students use to conquer their fears and transform themselves into masters of the media.
Is this course for you?
If you are or will be facing the media, then the Media Training course is for you. And this course is especially suitable if any of the following feels familiar:
- You fear making a fool of yourself in front of people
- Your nerves get the better of you, and sometimes you suffer from mental blocks that prevent you from mastering your confidence and unlocking your true communication potential
- You struggle to gather your thoughts, and you want to learn to craft and deliver outstanding messages that convince and persuade your audience
- You sometimes feel shy or inferior, but you want to come across as confident and professional at all times
- You want to have the ability to master the media
What does Media Training cover?
Over a compact set of videos, the course covers a range of crucial topics:
- The media landscape, national and international
- How the reporter creates the news
- How to develop and tailor your key messages
- How to construct concise soundbites
- How to bridge to key messages in an interview
- How to pitch your organisation
- How to reinforce your message with evidence and statistics
- Storytelling to sell your message
- How to navigate difficult questions
- Reporter tactics
- Body language
- Overcoming nerves
- Media image and what to wear
- Where to look
- Vocal development
- How to prepare for a studio and a web interview
- How to create allies among the press
- Executive presence
- Insider secrets for on-camera performance
Three steps of mastery
The focus of this course is on teaching you how to find the media master in you. This course will leave you with three things that you can practice in your career that will make you a master in front of the media. The 3-step media master method helps you:
- conquer your nerves
- captivate your audience
- and master your presence
The simple 3-step method prevents you from ever going wrong. It gives you the control to present yourself in a way you never thought you could, teaching you the skills journalists have honed for decades, and coaching you to craft and deliver outstanding messages that convince and persuade your audience.
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
"I found the media training to be very comprehensive and valuable. It was practical and presented for real-life experiences. The trainers were well prepared and very knowledgeable. I would strongly recommend the training to anyone in senior roles where interaction with media will be part of their daily lives. Excellent program!”
Calvo Mawela, Group CEO - MultiChoice Group
"PSG has made use of The King's Speech to train head office staff and advisers over the past two years. Ashlea is always professional and our delegates derive enormous value from attending her sessions. She provides our spokespeople with valuable skills and important insights, enhancing their confidence substantially when dealing with the media."
Adri Saayman, Head of Public Relations - PSG Konsult
"Prescient has been working with Ashlea for many years. She brings a wealth of relevant experience and credibility. The practical tips and training with Ashlea were impactful and I feel a lot more empowered to take on these projects. I have since done a few live webinars - which went really well!"
Cheree Dyers, MD - Prescient
"I saw an immediate improvement. The training helped me to speak fluently when presenting or making my point in meetings. The training offered me a safe space to practice and develop. I have done a number of presentations since the training and follow the structure Ashlea taught me."
Sifiso Tshabalala, Head of Procurement - Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE)
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.