Power BI for Beginners
- Trainer: Fuaad Coovadia
- Hours of instruction: 6
- Course duration: Two 3-hour sessions, one week apart
- Course cost: R38,525 for up to 10; R1,840 per delegate above 10 (incl. VAT). Best price guaranteed
"Training sessions can be quite dry, but Fuaad kept us engaged the whole time. It was fantastic!"
“I found the event both educational and extremely entertaining"
This is a short, focused course designed for people who have never tried Power BI, as well as those who may have clicked around on it but would appreciate filling in the gaps in their foundational knowledge. The overarching goal is to leave participants inspired by the potential for Power BI to help them do their work better, and to entirely remove the intimidation factor we all feel when confronted with new software.
This course will be especially useful to anyone who:
- Analyses data
- Has a role in cleaning or manipulating data
- Seeks to build powerful, professional visuals to represent data
- Needs to build dashboards for regular monitoring and/or key decision making
- Exclusive for your team: these live, online sessions are dedicated to meeting the needs of your business, which means that they are also customisable
- Fun and engaging: our data sets contain clues for solving a fictional murder mystery, a proven way to get participants excited about the learning process
- Interactive learning: there is a strong emphasis on interaction and participation, where every question is answered, and no one is ever bored
- Experiential learning: participants constantly apply new skills directly in the sessions, with the instructor there for guidance and quick trouble-shooting
- Peer learning: participants are encouraged to work together to solve problems, learning from each other throughout the sessions
The following content is standardly covered in this course. Please see the PDF download below for an expanded list of learning objectives. We can customise any items to meet the specific needs of individual clients.
- Why use Power BI
- Getting started with Power BI
- Importing data
- Creating a chart from data
- Using filters
- Cleaning data
- Data modelling
- Customising charts
- Designing a dashboard
- Publishing a dashboard or report
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
- Hours of instruction: 6
- Timing information: Two 3-hour sessions, one week apart (this can be adjusted to suit your needs)
- Note: Click "Contact me" to find out more; or "Book now" to arrange an exclusive course for your team.
- Course fee: R38,525 for up to 10; R1,840 per delegate above 10 (incl. VAT). Best price guaranteed